New Look on Darksouls2forum.com

Forum Forums New look! New Look on Darksouls2forum.com

This topic contains 39 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Regrettle Regrettle 3 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    Thaxadus
    Keymaster

HEY GUYS

IF you have not noticed, this site is getting a design overhaul. I have converted the forum over to WordPress.
    Posting and things are a little different on this format.

It’s not the only things that’s changing
    I’m getting some guys in here that will SEO overhaul the site so we will show up search engines a lot better. I know I have said that before but I have a lot of hope this time that it will work.

Now that DarkSouls 2 is getting closer to release and people are actually getting to play the beta I’m thinking it’s time to buckle down and get serious!.

Where did my Avatar go?
    Since BBpress uses a different system your going to need to create a Gravitar to have your image show up on the site.

Go set one up there. If you need help getting your old one, I have it still stored on the server and can send it to you.

I will post more later :)

Regrettle

Jesus man, it took like, fifty tries to get into my account.

Thaxadus
    Keymaster

I noticed that you had to reset your account. Would it not accept your old password? There are a lot of crazy things to deal with porting the forum over.

Regrettle

This is depressing; Thaxadus, what the heck happened? Where’d everybody go?

Thaxadus
      Keymaster

Same problem as always, not showing up on search. I’ve been trying to write articles to get traffic to the forum but It’s has not been working great so far. I’ve had the best luck with posting on other forums and linking back.

Masked Princess

Hehehehe… Hehe…. Masked Princess…. Hee….

"Born of the freezing cold, I rise from the snow amongst the dead and discarded. I take up this forgotten mask found lying in-front of me, leaving my eyes closed to the horrors I have been born to oppose. I would slaughter billions and cry oceans of black tears, should I be given the chance to exist."
      Regrettle

>Masked Princess returns.
      >!!!
      >EJECTOR SEATS.

Masked Princess

There are no ejector seats in the Souls games. But the Undead Merchant will happily sell you a club to beat yourself to death with.

The Undead Merchant in upper Undeadburg and in the drain tunnels leading into Undeadburg both have the exact same re-skinned appearence and yet…. One is a male and another is a female..

"Born of the freezing cold, I rise from the snow amongst the dead and discarded. I take up this forgotten mask found lying in-front of me, leaving my eyes closed to the horrors I have been born to oppose. I would slaughter billions and cry oceans of black tears, should I be given the chance to exist."
      Regrettle

You’re insane

Masked Princess

Oh I hate those bins, I practically have to start an archaeological dig just to get through the mounds of DVD cases to look around.

Thaxadus is whut? And get out of here with your crazy tags.

I got’ta confess though, with everyone else gone and the game being less then 2 months away from release..

Will you help mei make babies so I can breed enough players to populate the forums?

The true Darksouls2Forums starts here. Well. maibei.

Regrettle

Will you help mei make babies so I can breed enough players to populate the forums?

O-Okay…

B-But I-I’m n-not doing this because I l-like you or anything, b-baka…

(What crazy tags)

Regrettle

Get over it. What’s done is done, so unless Thaxxy himself personally removes all further changes or we get some leet hacker in here who can possibly tap into the sites coding and edit the changes himself, we’re stuck like this.

As for other forums? Meeeh…

Thaxadus
    Keymaster

No don’t get me wrong. It’s killing me. I will probably buy the xbox version and play that anyway while I wait. This is my all time fav series

Regrettle

Oh, hey!

Thaxxy-senpai is back, marvelous! And he’s working on the next triple AAA board game with such jam-packed action it’ll put Titanfall to shame.

Although the PS3 is naow an outdated system. Kind’a bothered when I hear that PS4 requires you to pay to have access to online. Lawl haow wonderful to pay 500+ dollars for a piece of metal and plastic just so you can pay 60+ dollars to get a single something to play on it and then have to continue paying moar every year just to use one of the systems most basic features.

You’re just angry you don’t have a 499$ paperweight sitting in the middle of your living room, slowly sucking away all the cash in your wallet.

Regrettle

Also, Thaxadus.

Would you mind cleaning up the site a little? I don’t mean to sound like the redundant, screeching bird of misery and despair but the current setup can become really counterproductive at times, I can’t even tell the order of the posts.

Regrettle

Yeah, I had to go and reset my password to log back in. In addition, when I attempt to edit my profile…

I have to log in again…

To see another log in screen.

qq

In anycase, I’ll leave you to it.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by Avatar of Regrettle Regrettle.
    Regrettle

Hey, Chief. Just thought I should let you know, Masked Princess over here can’t get back into their account. *EDIT* Turns out, reset password doesn’t seem to be doing too well on Mask’s end. So, uh… Anything you can do to help out here?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by Avatar of Regrettle Regrettle.
    Masked Princess

Stop double posting you loon!

I bet Thaxadus died ‘cuz he learned the Computer release of Dark Souls II is a mention-able amount of time after the console’s release.

I really wish we’d go back to the old site. It was so humble and comfortable, everything made sense especially ‘cuz it was all colour coded to resemble the souls games. And naow… It’s all gone… IT IS ALL GONE.

Gawd the forums, comments popping up none-chronologically along the pages.

Regrettle

FFFFSSSSSHHHH….

LIKE I CARE ABOUT ORDER IN THIS DAMN PLACE. IT’S ABOUT AS ORGANIZED AS THE 5$ BARGAIN BIN IN WALL-MART.

Oh, yeah. But Thaxadus is kill.

Masked Princess

THAXADUS COME BACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK……..

Regrettle

Yeah, he’s dead.

Or he jumped ship, a ship that had already sunken.

Masked Princess

But, I can’t swim….

Masked Princess

I do hope though that he comes back, eventually. Preferably as well to fix the site.

I’ve tryed going with other forums on Dark Souls II like GameFaqs but it’s so crowded and mai presence becomes far to minor amongst all the persons. I need to be in a enviornment where I’m significant, well I always am but not all persons notice it.

Maybe he’ll return on the games release, or one of them anyways. I wan’na start a journal on mai first time experiences with the game but typing to maiself is almost no “fun” at all. And we can’t run the show here without him ‘cuz he’s got’ta clean up all the clutter of pre-Dark Souls II forums and return the website to it’s former simplistcal glory.

Modernization sucks.

Regrettle

You know, I’ve never bought it up but that’s some nice writing you got going on in your signature there, Clusmy. I wish I could so poetic.

Masked Princess

Thaxadus could of at least made one of us site-admin and turned the site back into its’ original and wonderful glory instead of leaving us both in 3rd in command positions with this blutty wreckage of a forum. Sure it’s much moar grand then the previous but it’s so confusing and all over the place and really not finished. The other one was tight-knit and totally manageable and comprehensive, it was great.

I dun’no, maybei if I start in the Dark Souls 2 official site forums from the beginning when they’re opened, I’ll be acknowledged. Wherever else I go other then here, no one ever replies to anything I post. Meh, it probably won’t work.

Masked Princess

Thaxadus wouldn’t just abandon the site and leave us alone would he? Surely there is an explanation for his sudden disappearance for 3+ months…

Although wei have little testament to waht kind of a person he is.

Hm… So maybei he did..

-Sob-

Regrettle

Shit happens, I’m sure he’s gotten caught up in something.

I still respect Thaxadus, I only wish he could have given us some warning beforehand.

Doesn’t a site like this cost money, anyway?

Thaxadus
    Keymaster

Sorry guys, not dead I have been crazy busy.
    I’m developing a game and doing some technical editing on a book.

I figured with the game release so far away I would get involved in some other projects while traffic was non existent and build things back up when things were closes. Now that things are closer to release, I can give this more lovin.

Clumsy: I know you hates the new look. It’s not going back to the old design. However, I can give it a darker look in the future that can make it look better. There were a lot of kinks in importing it over. I know that there are many things that need to be fixed. I did so because of the constant spam and hacker attacks. I also imported it over so that I could upload articles and guides to give the site a little bit of a fighting chance on search engines.

I know this is a lot more action right now over at the official forum. No worries about going over there and posting. You guys have been great.

Masked Princess

The semi-prodigal Thaxadus returns. “I’m developing a game” Makes mei think you are literally a developer working on a official game, wha?
    I E S L K T S
    “Closer to release” LESS THEN 2 WEEKS. I’m pritty sure the official forum doesn’t exist yet, I keep checking on the website but it’s not there.
    A M L I E
    Noh though Regrettle I’ve seen advertisements on the television when I was bored about free create-your-own-website things.
    T A T N
    I hate that “Math-Captcha”. I condemned generic mathematics when I left “School”.

G
    R
    A
    W
    R

Masked Princess

Mai mahgical cipher.

Masked Princess

Thaxadus needs to bai a PS3 otherwise you’ll have to wait several weeks to play the game, and Demon’s Souls is PS3 only but really the past 2 games are very un-finished and junky compared to all the new / finished features in 2.

Dark Souls is like, half of the finished product and Dark Souls 2 is them finishing it up and finally completing all the broken features they plopped into Dark Souls like a bunch of lazy morons.

Although the PS3 is naow an outdated system. Kind’a bothered when I hear that PS4 requires you to pay to have access to online. Lawl haow wonderful to pay 500+ dollars for a piece of metal and plastic just so you can pay 60+ dollars to get a single something to play on it and then have to continue paying moar every year just to use one of the systems most basic features. Waht an elaborate economical prank brought to you bai Sony who apparently have stooped down to X Boxes level.

Think I heard that the PS3 will be supported for 3 moar years? Dun’no waht that means. Was kind’ve disappointed to hear I’de only have 3 years with Dark Souls 2 but I’ve spent like 2.1 years (1200+ Hours) on and off with Dark Souls and I’m nearly tired of it. Although Dark Souls was a half finished nightmare of stupid mechanics and many looks/features in it (Spells, Armour, so on) I wasn’t extremely fond of. Spells and Armour and stuff are looking great in 2 if you ignore the ridiculous amount of basic armour sets from Dark Souls that they are flat out re-using.

Thaxadus
    Keymaster

Yeah I know that I’m going to be waiting longer. It sucks! The port of Dark Souls to the PC was pretty awful until you modded it a little bit. People added high res texture packs and etc to get it up to snuff. So if that can be avoided, I’m cool with waiting a couple of weeks or whatever.
    Nah, what I’m working on is a board game that has a deadline in July. Not my main job just a side project that is very time consuming.

Masked Princess

Is it at least a cool board-game…?

Waht kind of Souls fanatic are you. Haow can you bei “Cool with waiting a couple of weeks”.

I’ve been going stir crazier here trying to pass time until the game comes out, I got almost nothing to do.

Although I’ve found and watched a couple good television series that I probably wouldn’t of found otherwise maybei.

Masked Princess

Ew. X Box.

PS3 is the way to go. All the cool kids use the PS3, if you don’t get one you’ll bei rejected from the playground.

I don’t like the X Box. Box of X.

Masked Princess

Such ah newb, Regrettle is, still not having figured out haow to post things in the correct chronological order.

Yuh got tah click on the “Reply” option on the most recent comment before submitting your post or it’ll go all crazy, and bai editing a post you can bump it into the correct place.

JEEZ. GET WITH THE PROGRAM.

Noh I don’t use a wallet, or a purse. All mai money is carried bai a Storage Kitten. So.

Regrettle

That poor cat, I can’t possibly imagine the abuse he suffers at the hands of the Masked Princess.

Masked Princess

I am a very nice Princess SO SHUT THE FUCK UP.

‘Kay. <3

Regrettle

Nope.

Masked Princess

Naow you’re the one being mean.

Regrettle

Uh huh.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.