EasternHero introduction.

Forum Forums New? Introduce yourself EasternHero introduction.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Dan Dan 3 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

Regret

i dont know about you but i was dissapointed with dark souls, not only did the npc’s feel like a boring drag but i felt this sense of un-deserving accomplishment when i easily aquired so called “rare” weapons. there was no build-up to these classes and the magic classes sucked, so they had a knee-jerk reaction and made aota. now every person who has a heartbeat uses dark bead. if that did not make you feel worse, the storyline its self is ridiculously easy with a few frustrations in between. as me and my long time friend have always wondered, how in the world did they think you could beat giants tomb? for a person who has never played it, they probably are wondering if the dog skeletons have infinite stamina. -___- thats because some people, not naming any body, cant figure out the difference a challenge, and just unfairness. they are almost as worse as the dreglings on ng+ who jump 20 feet at 400mph slashing half your health away. unless they wanted us to play the entire game with our shields raised? but im not just here to point out the multitudes of the problems dark souls has, it does have some good points. anor londo is probably the most entertaining invasion spot, (lets just pretend the forest isnt real ;p). as far as weapons go, it was pretty awesome having a wide variety to choose from, i just wish they would lower the damage on lightning weapons and fire weapons, making them all pretty level damage so it feels like people are using different weapons because i hate invading…and seeing the same weapon used over and over and over again. gold tacer, gold tracer, gold tracer. i think thats because they just feel that no other weapon really matches up to it, as i slice their face off with my flameburg or moonlight greatsword. why do some areas have no incentive to play at all? like getting to the dragon covenant, as far as im concerned i dont want a bug eyed dragon head with a disporpotioned body that never moves or blinks, that looks totally ridiculous and makes you think if you got your tail docked when you were mistaken for a english bulldog. sure i get a little dragon rage that is like a knockback and has an aoe but thats almost as useless as barking. wuff wuff! no but seriously in all good aspects at least the bosses were fun…oh god i have nothing good to say about that either…re-hashing the same boss almost 5 times gets repetitive and makes you wonder if they were working on making a good quality game or their next paycheck. at least the aota bosses were interesting. hopefully we see more of that in dark souls 2. i think we all want interesting bosses who’s move set is’nt easier to move around to where you wonder if you should just plow right through them -coughcoughcaprademon- but we shall see wont we? sorry if this sounds like a total complaining session but i just want them to all see the flaws that are impossible to glance over. hopefully we can move to a brighter future of excitement and actual good gameplay, im afraid they are making the game dis-satisfyingly easier for the drooling masses that have probably picked up mw3 and cod2. enjoy your dramatic cutscenes and micheal bay explosions.

Regrettle

well, my friend, i’m afraid to say you barely introduced yourself, at all…

but who cares, this forum probably need more people in general anyway… if you want to discuss dark souls 1 move the to the general discussion and we’ll have a lovely chat.

nice to have you on board, lazy.

actually you kind of remind of the conquestor or whatever his name was…

Masked Princess

-rolls in on a flying zweihander-

hey hey hey don’t compare me to this guy. i agree with some things but not all of them. most of dark souls re-skinning was from demon’s souls it didn’t do a lot of cloning when it came to within the game itself.

i rant at un-realistic things that are unfair like getting stumbled to death by a dark-wraith or having havel do a 180% turn and smash your face into the ground. i don’t mind dark bead or the tracers i don’t see them very often and if you know how to handle them then they are very easy to get past.

plus i space my text apart so that i don’t form a shield of words so strong that not even gwyn’s jump attack could faze it.

"Born of the freezing cold, I rise from the snow amongst the dead and discarded. I take up this forgotten mask found lying in-front of me, leaving my eyes closed to the horrors I have been born to oppose. I would slaughter billions and cry oceans of black tears, should I be given the chance to exist."
    Regrettle

-rolls in on a flying zweihander-[/quote:2ioowymr]

::snipes him off with a crystal soul spear.::

hey hey hey don’t compare me to this guy. i agree with some things but not all of them. most of dark souls re-skinning was from demon’s souls it didn’t do a lot of cloning when it came to within the game itself.[/quote:2ioowymr]

*ahem*

i rant at un-realistic things that are unfair like getting stumbled to death by a dark-wraith or having havel do a 180% turn and smash your face into the ground. i don’t mind dark bead or the tracers i don’t see them very often and if you know how to handle them then they are very easy to get past.[/quote:2ioowymr]

indeed, while this remains to be true, it can’t be help that these weapons remain a classic example of hatred all around the dark souls community, i remember one guy going. "oh yeah, gold tracer is a good weapon…"

"for scrubs…"

plus i space my text apart so that i don’t form a shield of words so strong that not even gwyn’s jump attack could faze it.[/quote:2ioowymr]

(i admit my sides were destoryed after reading that comment..)

Masked Princess

gold tracer can hit in quick combos while causing bleeding and reasonable damage per hit. and dark bead is annoying to dodge and does ridiculous amounts of damage. there will always be something in the pvp system that gets a lot of hate because everyone wants to have something to hate at.

i prefer to stay in upper undead-burg… where things are simple.. none of this complicated crap…

griefing low-levels, griefing griefers, helping low levels pass through the map, giving away highly boosted weapons to humans who don’t suck.. and such, yet i still have no friends. it’ll all be better when i am re-united with my cultist buddies i suppose…

dark souls 1 is no place for us to be wandering around, to many strange things.

"Born of the freezing cold, I rise from the snow amongst the dead and discarded. I take up this forgotten mask found lying in-front of me, leaving my eyes closed to the horrors I have been born to oppose. I would slaughter billions and cry oceans of black tears, should I be given the chance to exist."
    Regrettle

gold tracer can hit in quick combos while causing bleeding and reasonable damage per hit. and dark bead is annoying to dodge and does ridiculous amounts of damage. there will always be something in the pvp system that gets a lot of hate because everyone wants to have something to hate at.[/quote:2xb7dbnu]

yeah, i know their will always be hate, as long as the pvp try-hards like me remain, except i don’t fish for backstabs every two seconds… i enjoy some nice clean duals tha– *gets backstabbed for 2000 damage*

i prefer to stay in upper undead-burg… where things are simple.. none of this complicated crap…[/quote:2xb7dbnu]

never pvped there, sounds nice though…

dark souls 1 is no place for us to be wandering around, to many strange things.[/quote:2xb7dbnu]

i fear dark souls 2 will be even stranger…

Masked Princess

i won’t have any trouble as long as my cultist friends are there.

i compulsively troll around for backstabs since if i don’t, then my opponent will.

in low-level combat a back-stab is always an instant kill. and unless you are using a shotty weapon then every attack takes off at least 25% health.

i can’t give my own personal statistics since i have so many blutty +5 lightning weapons… then that’s on top of the 20+ boosted weapons i carry as gifts that are rarely given. they need better inventory and storage management. i hate having to flick through endless columns of items.

Regrettle

they need better inventory and storage management. i hate having to flick through endless columns of items.[/quote:1yvouu40]
    bottomless box my friend, i tried to adventure without it.

suffice to say, i didn’t survive. no seriously, that thing makes your life easier so you aren’t lugging around havels armor and dragon tooth on your persons at all times, or you know… having your lackeys carry your stuff for you.

Masked Princess

the bottomless box isn’t much better. you still need to scroll through mounds of items since nothing is stacked up or sorted unless it’s a consumable/usable item. also items in your inventory and items in your storage all appear in the same long column when you go into the bottomless box, which makes things even worse.

in demon’s souls everything was sorted by weapon type and all that. was much more efficient.

i never use my buddies for storage or anything like that. except i got one who thinks he’s a stool and another who gets off on carrying a platter around as if he’s a waiter. a new fetish is discovered every day i suppose.

Regrettle

the bottomless box isn’t much better. you still need to scroll through mounds of items since nothing is stacked up or sorted unless it’s a consumable/usable item. also items in your inventory and items in your storage all appear in the same long column when you go into the bottomless box, which makes things even worse.[/quote:152s9eoy]

while this is true, i would rather deal with stuff like this back at the bonfire then in… lets say? the heat of battle where you desperately need to switch a weapon, you see honestly this kind of why i miss item burden, because you can carry everything in the game at once have no issues whatsoever. besides this, you are pretty right when it comes to how bad we need an inventory manage-ment screen, bottom-less box just makes this less of an massive issue then it actually is since we put away weapons we probably won’t ever use…

in demon’s souls everything was sorted by weapon type and all that. was much more efficient.

i never use my buddies for storage or anything like that. except i got one who thinks he’s a stool and another who gets off on carrying a platter around as if he’s a waiter. a new fetish is discovered every day i suppose.[/quote:152s9eoy]

dude… i…. i don’t think that’s a new one…

Masked Princess

we don’t get out much so we don’t hear tell of a lot of outsider stuff. we just discovered that rubbing sticks together is a quicker way of making fire then holding a log up to the sky during a storm and yelling "please hit me". our mortality rate has dropped surprisingly since then.

Regrettle

we don’t get out much so we don’t hear tell of a lot of outsider stuff. we just discovered that rubbing sticks together is a quicker way of making fire then holding a log up to the sky during a storm and yelling "please hit me". our mortality rate has dropped surprisingly since then.[/quote:3l75tdqm]

well it can’t be as bad as the forest hunters where you run behind a stair-way where they have trouble finding you so they all suddenly get depressed and decide they all wish to commit suicide and hilariously run off the cliff to give you free souls.

Dan
    Participant

hmmmmmmm

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.